2021 ADVA National Reunion
September 8-11 Indianapolis, Indiana
Updated January 25, 2020
PROGRAM REGISTRATION FORM
LOCATION: Wyndham Indianapolis West, 2544 Executive Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46241
HOTEL RESERVATION PROCEDURE: The reunion room rate is $115, plus tax, per night, with free daily breakfast. The Group rate is offered 3 days before and 3 days after reunion dates, based on hotel’s availability. Various reservation options are listed below. Rates cannot be adjusted at check-in or check-out for guests who fail to identify their affiliation with the Americal Division Veterans Association when making reservations. Note: In accordance with proposed hotel reservation changes for 2021, all reservations will be charged a non-refundable deposit of one night’s room rate and tax when the reservation is made.
Reservation Phone Numbers: When calling in room reservations, ALWAYS indicate you are with the Americal Division Veterans Association and use the code 90621ADVA to avoid any possible complications. Wyndham West Direct: (317) 381-6123.
Wyndham Reservation Web Site Link: A link has been set up by the Wyndham Hotels to allow online reservations to be made. It is at
Fill in dates needed, number of rooms needed, and then click on UPDATE to get room availability.
Tours and Amenities:
- Indianapolis 500 Race Track and Museum Tour (Thursday morning Sept. 9th)
- Indianapolis War Memorials and Museum Tour (Friday morning Sept. 10th)
(Indianapolis is second only to Washington, DC in the number of monuments and museums which are armed services related. Almost all are within walking distance of each other and near the National Headquarters of the American Legion.)
- Dallara Indycar Factory and interactive facility (Saturday afternoon Sept. 11th)
- RV parking with hook-ups will be available at American Legion Post 500.
- RV parking without hook ups will be available at the Wyndham Hotel at reunion room rate.
- Free airport shuttle to and from the Wyndham Indianapolis West Hotel
- Free breakfast, Wi-Fi and parking are available at the Wyndham Indianapolis West Hotel
- HOW YOU CAN HELP:
- Individual ADVA chapters contact your membership and urge attendance.
- Place a notice or poster at your local VFW, American Legion, etc.
- Email your buddies to let them know.
- Make your hotel reservations early; we expect a big turnout since 2021 was cancelled.
- If you are planning on getting a space at the RV area, please send an email to the 2021 reunion email address above. It will help in our planning at the Legion Post as spaces may be limited. RV reservation information will be posted on both the ADVA and 2/1 chapter web sites as soon as available.
The following are updates of importance to 2021 ADVA reunion attendees.
From Chuck Holdaway, 2021 Reunion Chairman:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The original phone number we used for hotel reservations for 2020 has been changed for 2021. I wasn't aware of it until I was contacted by a member that said it didn't work. The new phone number for hotel reservations 317-381-6168.
The 2021 ADVA Reunion in Indianapolis will be the first time in almost two years that we will all be able to get together to see our friends we served with and the acquaintances we have made over the years through the ADVA organization. I expect (and hope) we will have a great turnout.
I realize the battle with the COVID-19 pandemic has placed a burden on all of us, our families, and our plans. I feel it will be pretty much in check by the time we get together in September 2021.
Our tours this year will include the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and Museum (IMS), The Dallara Indycar Factory and interactive facility, and the numerous war memorials and museums located in downtown Indianapolis. We will also have discounts for any of you daring and spry enough to so some go-cart racing near IMS.
We are planning to raffle off some type of weapon, free accommodations for a lucky member, and some Army poncho liners which are hard to get. We will also have a PX, maps and historical information made available by Les Hines (our Vietnam Historian), a general hospitality room, and some unit/group hospitality suites available.
Our ADVA hospitality room and suite will be located on the 1st floor, the 2/1st Infantry Chapter on the 2nd floor, the 23rd MPs on the 3rd floor and the 11th Infantry on the 4th floor. Members of these groups may request rooms on these floors which will be honored as long as they are available.
The headquarters hotel is located very close to the Indianapolis International Airport and adjacent to I-465 interstate highway. It is approximately eight miles from downtown Indianapolis.
FYI, Allegiant Airlines offers a little known benefit for any veteran by waiving luggage fees. All you have to do is make your reservation online and do not show any checked or carry-on luggage. When you get to the airport, take your luggage to the check-in counter and show them your veteran ID and your checked and carry-on luggage will be free of charge.
Registrations for the 2021 reunion will be handled through Armed Forces Reunions, Inc. Additional program information and a registration form are on the following pages.
See you in Indy!!